This is a very simple yet super delicious dessert. I saw the recipe here and immediately found a calling, I made it the same day. I thought I would submit to No croutons required edition of Berry soups but somehow did not manage to post it!
1/4 cup tapioca (sabu dana)
1 cup water
4 tbsp sugar (2 tbsp add along with tapioca and reserve 2 tbsp to be added with the milk)
2 cups diced fruit (I used berries and mangoes)
2 cups coconut milk
1 tsp rose water
Garnish- mandarin orange sections (but for the photo, I forgot to add them!)
- Boil the tapioca stirring constantly until the pearls are translucent (this takes a while and make sure it is translucent!).
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- Bring back to the boil.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Let the tapioca cool.
- I also just warmed the coconut milk, added the sugar in to ensure that the sugar dissolved
- Prepare your fruit- slice strawberries but leave other berries whole, dice other fruits.
- Stir sugar into the milk of your choice and make sure it is dissolved. Add the rose extract.
- Refrigerate the dessert bowls.
- Put several tablespoons of tapioca pearls in each bowl.
- Divide the fruit into each bowl.
- Pour the sweetened milk over the fruit/tapioca and chill the desserts until ready to serve.
- Garnish your dessert.
The dessert was simply delicious. Two of us finished four dessert bowls in one night!!!